The 2013-2014 school year was another incredible year for Teach One to Lead One! Over the course of the year, we had the opportunity to work alongside over 180 mentors in 56 different schools to make a difference in the lives of over 1,400 at-risk teens across the country!
While we believe that every student is worth celebrating, today we wanted to take a moment to recognize a special group of T1L1 students… our graduating seniors.
Mentoring Leads to More Graduations…
While it’s possible for at-risk teens to graduate high school without being mentored, the statistics show just how much of a difference Teach One to Lead One mentors make…
- Students who meet regularly with mentors are 52% less likely to skip a day of school.
- Mentored young men are 2x more likely to believe that school is fun and that doing well academically is important.
- 59% of mentored teens get better grades
… But it Also Goes Beyond Graduation Day
While graduation is a momentous achievement for many students, the impact you make as a mentor goes beyond high school graduation…
- At-risk young adults who had a mentor are 55% more likely to be enrolled in college.
- For every dollar invested in mentoring, there is a return of $5 for youth who go on to college and get jobs.
- 9 out of 10 at-risk young adults who had a mentor now say they’re interested in becoming mentors.
The impact you make as a mentor goes beyond one year and one life. You’re impacting their entire future. Most times, the investment you made in the life of your student doesn’t end with them. Instead, you’re creating a ripple effect that has the potential to impact hundreds of at-risk teens in the future.
Thank you for helping make more graduations possible!
For some T1L1 seniors, graduating high school was an illusion before they enrolled in our mentoring program. For others, graduating high school didn’t really matter….
Today, those same students have a diploma in their hand that is more than just a piece of paper; it’s an opportunity for a better future.
While a Teach One to Lead One student may never tell you about the difference you made in their life, rest assured… your investment paid off.
Congratulations to all of the Teach One to Lead One students who celebrated one of the most exciting milestones of your life! We wish you nothing but continued success as you move forward into your future endeavors!