Teach One to Lead One is a community mentoring program that teaches universal principles to lead at-risk kids into a life of purpose and potential.
Celebrate Life International, Inc. dba Teach One to Lead One (T1L1) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to transforming at-risk kids into responsible citizens.
Teach One to Lead One reaches at-risk kids throughout the United States via thriving Chapters. These Chapters are led by full-time Chapter Directors who mobilize teams of volunteers to reach and mentor at-risk kids in public elementary, middle, and high schools throughout our nation. Some Chapters also reach at-risk kids through the Juvenile Court System.
Teach One to Lead One also reaches at-risk kids in other nations via thriving non-profit organizations. These organizations partner exclusively with Teach One to Lead One to access state of the art materials and training that allow their staff and volunteer mentors to reach at-risk kids in their own communities.
STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
While the duties of the Teach One to Lead One (T1L1) Interns vary from week to week and assignment to assignment, it is common for Interns to:
- Actively participate in staff meetings by providing feedback and/or presenting ideas
- Prepare reports on specific assigned projects and present them to stakeholders
- Successfully complete various levels of T1L1 certification programs
- Design and implement large projects that impact at-risk kids in the community
- Engage directly with volunteer mentors and lead them in delivering mentoring programs
- Participate in fundraising coaching program and actively raise funds as directed
- U.S. citizen or resident
- Completed junior or senior year of college education (provide transcripts)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Available to begin the full-time internship program on June 1 through May of the following year
- Provide own transportation to the T1L1 office in Kennesaw, GA (daily)
- Two letters of recommendation from college professors
- Three character-reference contacts (supervisor, pastor/mentor, family member)
- Authorize a personal background check (nationwide criminal records search)
- Authorize a personal credit check
Paid Internship Information
- Interns will receive a stipend to cover basic living expenses
- Interns will not be able to hold a part-time job outside of T1L1 due to a very demanding internship daily schedule
- Internship will include participation in one or two fully-paid retreats in another state
- Request online application March 12 through April 13 by sending email message to internships@T1L1.org
- Applications will be reviewed and qualifying candidates will receive an invitation for a video interview
- Candidates who pass the initial video interview will be invited to participate in several follow up interviews
- Final decision will be made not later than 5 days after completion of the last interview
Teach One to Lead One
Attn: Internship Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 276
Acworth, GA 30101-0276